The Mechanic III position is primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the shop and mine equipment. The mechanic is also responsible for fixing any equipment that breaks down.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, safety valves, and load packers on dump trucks
- Inspect, repair, and adjust diesel power units, hydraulic systems, injection valves and systems, mold boards and scarifies on graders. Must also inspect, adjust and repair gasoline power units
- Install, replace or adjust filters, belts or similar objects to maintain equipment
- Diagnose defects of heavy duty equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Safety – the mechanic must know the hazards of the job and be trained in safety precautions of the trade. Must be able to communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Environmental conditions – will be required to work in all kinds of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Able to climb a minimum of 2 story of stairs.
- Able to use hand tools in various positions and angles in a thrusting manner.
- Able to work in the normal aspects of the mine, i.e., Dusty environment
- Work outside year-round in the different weather conditions and temperatures.
- The person must be self-motivated and safety conscious.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
At least 5 years of experience in the following:
- Heavy Diesel experience (expert)
- Skilled automotive mechanic
- Experience with the care and use of hand and power tools employed in all phases of heavy equipment mechanical maintenance and repair work
- Servicing equipment such as A/C recyclers, hydraulic jacks, or emission analyzers
- Welding knowledge and field experience
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes
- Must be able to work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions in the English language
- Complete forms to record or report information in standard format as specified by the form
- Efficiency in reading, understanding, and applying information from charts, graphs and manuals
Must pass drug screen and physical. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
How to apply:
Apply using the form below, or send qualifying resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.