LOST HILLS, CA
Commercial truck drivers operate tractor-trailers and other large vehicles to transport cargo over various distances. In order to perform this type of work, a person must obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license (CDL). They must also obtain special endorsements in order to carry certain types of cargo.
H.M. Holloway’s commercial drivers are primarily pick-up and delivery drivers, which carry goods/product from a transport or origination center and deliver it to a business or private customer. These drivers usually operate in a particular area consistently, but will not operate outside of California.
Pay Range: Night Shift: $21/hr and Day Shift: $20/hr
A Class A CDL is required to operate any combination of vehicles with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR) of 26,001 lbs. or more, to include a towed vehicle that is HEAVIER than 10,000 lbs. While your towing allowances will depend on which endorsements you obtain, a few of the vehicles you MAY be able to drive with a Class A CDL (with proper endorsements) include:
- Truck and trailer combinations
- Double and Triple trailers
- Tractor-trailer buses
- Tanker vehicles
Other requirements include:
- Must have at least 2 years of truck driving experience
- Must be at least 23 years of age
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Trucking school diploma
- Valid truck driving license and valid DOT medical clearance
Apply by filling out the form below or by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
DMQ Application: https://holloway.dqmconnect.com/login
JOIN THE TEAM. APPLY NOW.
"*" indicates required fields
JOIN THE HOLLOWAY TEAM
We know our employees are happier, better and more productive when they are taken care of. That’s why it is our mission to offer a full benefits package that not only covers our employees, but their families too.