About the Company:
Holloway is a 90-year old, privately-held, mid-market company based in Bakersfield, California.
Our work directly impacts some of the most important issues facing our world today – Sustainable Agriculture, Water, and Waste Management. We are committed to making a positive impact in these areas through an approach that emphasizes soil-health, circularity and sustainable utilization of resources.
Holloway operates two primary business segments:
- Holloway Agriculture: Organic products and services that help California farmers grow healthier crops and use water more efficiently.
- Holloway Environmental: Waste and compost facility that helps California cities and municipalities manage waste and meet ambitious environmental goals.
To assist the CEO and / or Board of Directors in evaluating key strategic initiatives including capital raising and acquisitions.
Specific Job Functions:
- Develop a comprehensive company financial forecast model.
- Assist in the development of a comprehensive company overview / management presentation.
- Lead acquisition analyses, including overall landscape assessment, competitive analysis, inventory and analysis of potential targets, and financial modeling.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- MBA in process.
- Advanced financial modeling skills.
- 2-4 years of prior analytical experience, e.g. investment banking, private equity, or consulting.
- Strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Self-starter capable of operating independently and developing high-quality, timely work product with limited oversight.
- Familiarity with agriculture, environment, energy, or infrastructure is a plus.
Duration: Minimum 3 months, with flexibility to extend based on progress.
Schedule: Flexible hours, not to exceed 30 hours per week.
This is a part-time and hourly, non-exempt position.
Internship stipend, to be discussed.
While Holloway’s office is in Bakersfield, the individual can be based in southern California generally. It is hoped that the individual will be able to make occasional in-person visits to the office in Bakersfield and the mine / environmental site in Lost Hills.
Essential Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Apply by filling out the form below or by sending your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.