MECHANIC • LOST HILLS, CA
The Mechanic position is primarily responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the shop and mine equipment. The Mechanic is also responsible for fixing any equipment that breaks down.
- Repair and adjust hydraulic pumps, spool valves, tracks, engine valves
- Replace scraper tires, scraper hydraulics, scraper rams, loader electronic censors, heavy equipment operators
- Repair Cat, Volvo, Cummins and Mercedes engines
- Operate Michigan and Cat scrapers, Cat crawlers, Cat loaders, JCP loaders
- Inspect, adjust and repair gasoline power units
- Repair or replace breaks on scrapers and vehicles
- Replace all types of bearings and shafts
- Replace filters, belts, belt adjusters, alternators, and starters
- Diagnose defects of heavy-duty equipment
- Service equipment such as A/C recyclers, hydraulic jacks, or emission analyzers
Working Conditions & Physical Demands
- Safety – the mechanic must know the hazards of the job (following M’SHA and O’SHA guidelines) and be trained in safety precautions of the trade. Must be able to communicate any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries in a timely manner to the supervisor in order to facilitate prompt correction or reporting.
- Environmental conditions – will be required to work in all kinds of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Physical demands – remain in a standing position for extended periods of time and must be capable of lifting arms above shoulder level to install and remove parts on the equipment. Must be able to bend or stoop repeatedly over time to check tires or make any repairs. Must be able to lift at least 50lbs and carry it for a distance, in a safe manner and with the proper safety equipment.
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills
At least 5 years of experience in the following:
- Skilled heavy equipment and some semi-truck knowledge, including some experience in the repair and maintenance of diesel engines (apprenticeship work may qualify)
- Experience with the care and use of hand and power tools employed in all phases of heavy equipment mechanical maintenance and repair work
- Welding knowledge and field experience
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes
- Must be able to work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions in the English language
- Complete forms to record or report information in standard format as specified by the form
- Basic equipment electronics skills
- Experience with CAT ET, VOLVO VODIA, and/or CUMMINS INSITE is strongly desired
Must pass drug screen and physical. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and participate in E-Verify.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays